Friday, December 12, 2008

On the ugliness of certain numbers

This last closed trade has taken my results to a negative historical expectancy. I do not have any reason to believe this will be a permanent condition. I also had no reason to believe my expectancy would remain at 0.63% per trade a few weeks ago. I do expect the results to converge on some number and become more stable as more trades are put into the sample. I haven't changed my approach between the end of November and now... the markets have simply been choppier, making breakout trading an unprofitable endeavor. When this rather spectacular drawdown will end is anybody's guess, but I am confident it will end eventually and I will trade back to new equity highs. Anyone who doubts that is welcome to fade me... fading me has certainly been a profitable strategy this week!

Current open equity: $107.95
Starting equity: $103.52
Current position: Long 1,444 GBP/JPY at 135.36
Current exposure: 97 pips, $15.52 or 15.00%

No comments: