Monday, December 15, 2008

Nice start to the week...

GBP/JPY has burst higher this morning. This trade is up by over 300 pips, so it's a great time to move the stop to breakeven. This is a wild pair, so I dare not trail it too closely. Even 300 seems a little tight, but I think it should be ok. If not... scratches are a-ok. I can survive any number of those.

Here's where another aspect of discipline comes in. I could take the profit now, which would put my trading back into positive-expectancy status. I won't do it, because my objective is to make money... not to make pretty statistics. Letting winners run is often harder than cutting losses short. This whole deal is just a giant psychological minefield! Tread cautiously...

Current open equity: $143.21
Starting equity: $103.52
Current position: Long 1,444 GBP/JPY at 135.36
Current exposure: 0

No comments: