Friday, November 13, 2009

Whew! That was one hell of a break!

I'm starting up this blog once again.... It's been a long and very interesting few months. Part of what was going on was my need to pull most of the money out of my trading account to use for other purposes. I haven't taken much more than a couple of weeks off from trading in this past 11 months, but my efforts weren't part of a specific trading campaign. I consider those efforts to be my way of staying involved in the markets and keeping my skills fresh.

I am going to leave the equity curve charting alone for now. Those charts actually take a good deal of time to create, and I have plenty of other things to focus on. As for how I will report results... well, we'll see how it goes. I'm sure something nice will grow organically.

Currently the Rollercoaster Account stands at $18.80 in closed equity. The main goal is naturally still (cue Dr. Evil) One Million Dollars. The next equity milestone, however, is $51.16, which represents the 3rd doubling since I re-initiated the campaign. Only 15 additional doublings from there will put me well over the $1million mark. I am Long 550 units of the USD/CHF pair from 1.0081, with a stop at 1.0031 representing $2.82 or 15% of equity. The trade was nearly stopped out on Wednesday, but has since rebounded and is sporting a nice 60 pip profit as of this moment. I'll move the stop to breakeven once I've got 100 pips in the trade. We almost got there yesterday.

That's all for now...

No comments: