Friday, August 29, 2008

Locked in...

Moved stop to breakeven less 5 pips. No sense in letting a winner turn into a loser, but I don't want to trail too closely and kill the trade. If it reverses by 50 pips, I want to get out and to keep a little something for my trouble.
We're only a few minutes ahead of London close, when a great deal of liquidity will be drying up ahead of the US holiday weekend. (I'll enjoy a day off, but the violent cartelization of labor markets is hardly anything I consider worth celebrating!) I'm totally willing to hold this position over the weekend... sometimes it works out well, and sometimes it doesn't. Britain and Europe will be working Monday, so I will be watchng to move stops and manage this open position if it's still alive by then, but I won't likely initiate any new positions.

Current closed equity: $99.26
Current position: Short 3350 EUR/USD from 1.4711
Current exposure: +5 pips locked in. +$1.67 or +1.68%

No comments: